SCIENTIST (PHD) IN VITRO PHARMACOLOGY (Permanent position at Domain Therapeutics)
DOMAIN THERAPEUTICS is a leading biopharmaceutical company in the field of G Protein-Coupled Receptors (GPCRs), one of the most important classes of drug targets.
We are dedicated to consolidating this position by developing a high-value pipeline of innovative drug candidates.
To achieve this, we will continue to focus on identification of new class of treatments by leveraging our expertise, innovative approaches and proprietary technologies as well as our strong company culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A stimulating scientific position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human?sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- Varied contacts inside the company, the biotech/pharma sector and the scientific world.
- A working environment in a growing structure, within a young and dynamic team, where your involvement will be valued
THE CONTEXT & RESEARCH PROJECT
The Pharmacology department of Domain Therapeutics is seeking a knowledgeable Scientist with experience in Pharmacology on GPCRs.
The candidate will be expected to participate in the discovery and characterization of New Chemical Entities (NCEs) or New Biological Entities (NBEs) on various GPCRs. The candidate will work in a multidisciplinary discovery team.
The candidate will be expected to effectively work in a multidisciplinary discovery team.
With a role in the project team(s), the selected candidate will work in close interaction with the Head of Pharmacology Department. More specifically, the responsibilities will be to:
- Design, execute, interpret and manage pharmacological studies to determine the residence time of drug candidates on GPCR
- Lead and participate at the in vitro characterization of drug candidates to guide preclinical drug development programs in Immuno-Oncology
- Deliver scientific reports and presentations for internal and external audiences
- Contribute to the writing of regulatory documents for drug candidates
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and leadership across departments to facilitate the success of all projects
- Supervise scientist and associate scientist
- Provide scientific experimental guidance to support the team
- Identify and implement new technologies useful for R&D programs
- Participate to the contracting processes as the scientific party (CDA, MTA, RFP,..)
- Coordinate external work packages that could be done with CRO partners and academic collaborators
- Establish and maintain efficient, collaborative and trustful collaborations
- Demonstrate proficiency and flexibility in working on various program
WHO YOU ARE
- A PhD degree in biology, pharmacology
- Previous experience working with GPCRs or a working knowledge of basic GPCR biology and literature
- Deep understanding of binding assays, and concepts like allostery
- Expert knowledge in molecular pharmacology within Ligand−Receptor binding kinetics, with the determination of the association / dissociation rate constant (K on/K off),of the ligand residence time (RT) for a receptor
- Previous experience of working in small molecule drug discovery pipeline
- Experience in sterile techniques, cell culture, molecular biology, flow cytometry
- Knowledge in protein-protein interaction
- Practical understanding of a wide range of cell biology techniques such as reporter assays, BRET, FRET, HTRF and other luminescence and fluorescence-based assays (e.g. calcium-sensitive dyes)
- A plus: lentivirus transduction
- Expert knowledge in data spreadsheets (Excel) and GraphPad Prism to generate data and graphic illustration
- Fluency in English required (written and spoken)
- Ability to work with flexibility in a changing and demanding environment
- Demonstrated success with problem analysis/solving, anticipation and proactivity
- Strong sense of discipline and initiative, planning and organization skills
- Strong project and interpersonal skills
- Strongly organized and rigorous, you have a good ability to adapt to changes in priorities and to work effectively on multiple programs in a fast paced environment
- Although autonomous, you have a high ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
Domain Therapeutics offers you an opportunity to put your skills to good use in a human and caring work environment… Tempted? Don't hesitate, join the Domain Therapeutics adventure!
Permanent position / Full Time
Salary to be defined + many advantages (Restaurant tickets, Holiday vouchers, Health assurance, ...)
NEXT STEP IS YOURS
To apply, please send before October 30th, 2021 :
- a Detailed CV including names and contact details of 3 reference persons.
- a "Research experience" document (1-page description of research and training activities already undertaken).
- a "Motivation" document.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org;